At Wildlife Drones, we are committed to respecting your privacy. We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 and the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This Policy provides a standard for Wildlife Drones and its affiliates with respect to its treatment and protection of personal information globally. Certain local laws may require stricter standards. Where local laws are stricter than this Policy, we will handle personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations at the place where the personal information is collected. Where applicable local law provides a lower level standard of protection than established by this Policy, then the requirements of this Policy will govern how we treat the personal information collected in that location. Questions about compliance with local law may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us such as:
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Credit card information;
- Your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- Details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through your use of our website or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- Information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
- Any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We may collect this information when you:
- Submit a form or survey on our website;
- Communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites;
- Interact with our sites, services, content, and advertising; or
- Invest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase in our business.
We may collect, hold and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To enable you to access and use our website;
- To allow us to keep track of potential and current customers who are interested or are currently using our product;
- To operate, protect, improve and optimise our website and services, business, and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- To send you service, support, and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- To send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- To administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- To comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties;
- To consider your employment application.
Our communication with you may take the form of emails, SMS, mail, or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act 2003 and the Privacy Act. SMS communication with you is only undertaken if consent has been expressed (e.g. you have ticked a box on our website agreeing to receive SMS messages, written to us personally or told us over the phone) or inferred (e.g. we have an existing relationship with you as a customer and it is reasonable to believe that you would be interested in receiving information about our products and services via SMS).
You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us or request to have your personal information removed from our database by emailing us at email@example.com or by using the opt-out facilities provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link).
- Our employees and related bodies corporate;
- Payment systems operators (e.g. merchants receiving card payments);
- Specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- Other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Note that we do not sell or disclose personal information to third parties for the purpose of their promotions.
We may disclose personal information outside of Australia to third party suppliers such as cloud-based and overseas companies (e.g. WordPress, HubSpot etc.). We will, however, take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles and EU GDPR.
We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience, and enhance the products and services that you receive.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
We have integrated various tools from different companies into our website, which allow us to evaluate user behaviour or to establish links with other websites.
We have integrated Google Analytics on this website.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service. Web analysis is the gathering, collection and analysis of data about the behaviour of visitors to websites. Among other things, a web analysis service collects data on which website a data subject has come to a website from (so-called referrers), which subpages of the website were accessed or how often and for which period of time a subpage was viewed. A web analysis is mainly used to optimize a website and for the cost-benefit analysis of Internet advertising.
The operator of the Google Analytics component is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, USA.
As IP anonymisation is activated on our website, your IP address will be shortened by Google within Member States of the European Union or other states in agreement with the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address is sent to and shortened by a Google server in the USA. On behalf of the operator of the website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports on website activity and to provide further services related to website and internet use to us. The IP address transferred through your browser to Google Analytics will not be combined with other data held by Google.
In addition, this website uses the Analytics feature User ID to track interaction data. This User ID will be additionally anonymised and encrypted and will not be linked with other data.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by a corresponding setting of your browser software; however, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use all the features of this website to the fullest extent possible.
In addition, you may prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) by Google as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
In addition, a cookie already set by Google Analytics can be deleted at any time via the Internet browser or other software programs.
Further information and Google‘s applicable privacy regulations can be found at https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en and https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/ The following link provides a further explanation of Google Analytics https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/.
Our website also uses Google Analytics performance reports relating to demographics and interests and reports on Google Display Network impressions. You can disable Google Analytics for display advertising and customize the ads on the Google Display Network by visiting the ad settings at this link: https://adssettings.google.com.
Sensitive information: The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) defines some types of personal information as sensitive. We don’t commonly collect sensitive information, which includes information about a person’s race, ethnic origin, political opinions, health, religious or philosophical beliefs and criminal history. In the event we require any sensitive information, we would only collect this with your permission, and we will only use it for the purpose for which you provided it.
Special Personal Information: The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 defines special personal data includes that which can reveal “racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership” and “genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation”. Wildlife Drones does not collect any “Special Personal Information”.
You can request to access and remove the personal information we hold about you by using the details set out below. Sometimes we may not be able to provide you with access or be able to remove all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Last reviewed: 02/06/2020